triumph to ford hub adapter ?

General discussion and chit-chat

triumph to ford hub adapter ?

Postby scooobyslayer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:15 pm

ive got the brakes all working on the dutton today but a wheel stud has snapped of in the hub.
on closer inspection it seems all the studs are sitting on an angle and have been bent to get the wheel to fit !
i can only assume the hub is triumph and the studs have been bent to get a ford wheel to fit !
should there be an adapter on there ? and are they still available ?
scooobyslayer

Re: triumph to ford hub adapter ?

Postby Andy S » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Unlikely that they have been bent to fit a Ford wheel - The Triumph is 3.75" PCD (95.25mm) and the Ford 4.25 PCD (108)Thats a bit too much of a bend so far as they would never get close - Also frightning that someone has tried that as there is every chance that the wheel would have snapped the studs very quickly with the associated consequences.
Fiat/alfa use 98mm PCD which is still a way off

People have tried VW Vauxhall 100mm PCD on MGB /Austin 4" (101.6mm PCD) them with dire consequences such is the need to have the PCD correct.

There are loads of different PCD triumph Hubs - I have Triumph 3.75", Ford 4.25" and Imp 4" PCD types in my shed !!! and a set of Dutton hub adapters.

The hub adapters are not available and you would not want a set anyway they would cost more than replacement hubs anyway. You can have the set I have for £20 if you want to come and get them as I cannot be arsed to post them.

First thing is to check what PCD you have.

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby scooobyslayer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 pm

i will have to investigate further tmrw. the studs are very small in diameter aswell around 10 mm at a guess whereas the backs cortina axle are proper size studs.
scooobyslayer

Postby guihanos » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 am

I use MGF Wheels (same PDC) with special nuts and washers (because the holes are biggers thant the 3/8 inch ones on Triumph).
guihanos

Postby scooobyslayer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:34 pm

well i looked today at the broken stud and its about 2mm towards the centre of the wheel off of being central to the bolt hole in the wheel. so whatever it is the ford wheel has a slightly bigger pcd only very slightly though ?
scooobyslayer

Postby luigi8816 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 am

To adapt Ford Wheels i just assemble Caterham Front hub and it is very easy. Caterham front hub can be find in used like mine.

Regards
luigi8816

Return to Discussion