Hi - new to forum.

General discussion and chit-chat

Hi - new to forum.

Postby johny » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum and was after some advice.

I am 6 feet tall and was wondering if I would fit into a Dutton Phaeton or one of the other models (hopefully in comfort). I have been told by some that I may not.

Also does anyone know where there is a Dutton 7 or leggera for sale. I was after something road legal with good power to weight ratio for doing auto tests etc.

Thanks in anticipation....John.
johny

Re: Hi - new to forum.

Postby longboarder » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:47 am

Where about are you? Duttons seem to be scattered thinly around the uk and I'm sure you could try one for size, pretty friendly lot and most helpful.
longboarder
Advanced Member

Postby johny » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks for the response. I live in county Durham.
johny

Postby DuttonDave » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:14 pm

There's a couple of guys up around Durham, both got Melos', you'll find them on the ning site http://duttonowners.ning.com/
About the same size inside as a Phaeton. Hope it helps
DuttonDave

Postby johny » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks for that....John.
johny

Postby snowy2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:04 pm

you might get into an S1, S2, B+, Malaga, Malaga B+, but they are small and it will be cosy if you do fit. The S3 and S4 are much more roomy and you will have no problem fitting in them, or the Melos for that matter.
Legerra 2.0L pinto (currentcar)
Phaeton S1 project car (1 sold!)
Special loosely based on "locost"
snowy2
Advanced Member

Postby BIGMIKE » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 pm

I am 6ft 2 and tryed a Malaga last year and had no chance of driving it which really means no chance in any of the early cars. I did have a series 2 B plus which is basically same amount of room inside as the S3 and S4 Phaetons these have a lot more room.
BIGMIKE

Postby Adrian(doc3400) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:49 am

Welcome to the madhouse. :o
There is a Melos for sale on ebay at the moment, just been MOT'd and had a lot of work done underneath. Lee's choice of colour and finish may not be to everybodies taste but from the amount of work done it looks like a fairly sound car which has been known to the club for some time. Its in Durham and he's a nice lad, might let you have a try?
There is a legerra for sale on the DOC classifieds here http://www.duttonownersclub.co.uk/for_sale_NEW.asp Its possibly one of the best engineered legerras ever built, full LPG conversion, needs a bit of work pre MOT but Mike is a sound bloke too. I'm 5' 11" and fit in the legerra with no problem, seat isn't even on the back notch on the sliders.
Dave Taylor is the proud owner of an S3, he's well over 6ft and fits in the S3 no problem.

Get yourself signed up to the forums on the DOC site as the information passed on there is pretty much constantly updated.
DUTTON SIERRA S2
1988 LEGERRA S1
1989 LEGERRA ZS - BEING RESTORED
1990 LEGERRA ZS
1990 LEGERRA ZS sunday car
PHAETON 2
PHAETON 3
PHAETON 4
Adrian(doc3400)
Advanced Member

Return to Discussion