Eagle P25 opinions:

General discussion and chit-chat

Eagle P25 opinions:

Postby johny » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi,

I posted recently about leg room in Duttons. I am 6 foot tall and was wondering if I would fit in one. Thanks to this site I was able to find a Melos local to Durham and tried it for size. It was a squeeze but with the seat moved it should be OK.

Does anyone know anything about the Eagle P25 car. Is there similar room in one to a Melos? Would you reccommend one? Which Dutton are they based on? Does anyone know of a one located closed to Durham?

Thanks...John.
johny

Re: Eagle P25 opinions:

Postby snowy2 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:06 pm

If the Eagle p25 is the Phaeton remake, then it is the same as the S4 phaetons, which are as least as roomy as the Melos, if not better.
Legerra 2.0L pinto (currentcar)
Phaeton S1 project car (1 sold!)
Special loosely based on "locost"
snowy2
Advanced Member

Postby johny » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks again for the help....John.
johny

Postby Andy S » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Whilst I am here checking out Dave's latest mods - The Eagle and the later S4 Pheatons had a modified spring hanger position that allowed the leaf spring to be moved further outward along the axle - this removes the usual lump behind the seat accomodating 6 foot + drivers with ease.
The Eagle versions do appear to be of a genral higher standard than the Dutton equivalent and some sensible modifications to the chassis at the front that avoids the wishbone binding situation that happens with S3 and S4 models.

Andy

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Return to Discussion