Its for sale again

Dutton & general related listings

Postby Andy S » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:20 am

It has one careful considerate owner ;) for 5 years and now its up for sale again thats likely to make 3 more owners in under 12 months but then again I don't think that this seller was the last buyer.

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dutton-Kit-Car-in-Good-Condition_W0QQitemZ290208159393QQihZ019QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem' target='_blank'>My old S4</a>

This Blue S1 would make a decent project if bought for under ?600 as it could be a nice sub ?1000 completed tidy project and the alloy are quite nice retro Dunlops.

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUTTON-PHEATON-KIT-CAR_W0QQitemZ110225313145QQihZ001QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem' target='_blank'>Blue S1</a>

This S2 V6 2.8 looks a right chopped about heap and the way the conversion has been carried out does not bode well for the standard of the car - wants to be very cheap if taken on as a project - but likely to end up in bits after being bought by another bidder with more aspiration than ability

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dutton-Phaeton-2-8-v6-unfinished-project-kit-car_W0QQitemZ160210587397QQihZ006QQcategoryZ100921QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem' target='_blank'>V6 project</a>

S1 1600 cross flow - looks like a half decent project and looks to be quite standard and an easy rolling restoration the earlky bidding and its location may make it a favorite for the Euro bids so may get over priced for the UK market

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1980-DUTTON-PHAETON-Series-1-1600-X-flow_W0QQitemZ220150929549QQihZ012QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem' target='_blank'>S1 1600</a>

Death by e-bay - the way of so many Duttons at the moment.

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby jonno » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Sad to see the old S4 up for sale again so soon, its always looked like a well set up car. Hope it finds a good owner soon.
Project Legerra
jonno
Advanced Member

Postby graham g » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:11 pm

Hello everyone , noticed the S4 this morning on ebay, It is the same bloke who bought it from me. So just the second owner since I bought from you Andy.

Interesting to see what it goes for as prices seem to be rising as ( so called summer ) is not far away.

As for myself I managed to pick up a mk indy 2.0 xe during the winter. just sorting it out to my likening ready for the summer.

Stew haven't seen any progress posted on here during the winter hows your S4 rebuild coming on.
graham g

Postby Andy S » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:52 pm

Not so bad as I thought then Graham but still good few new owners in a short time. I will also be interested to see what it reaches but its still a bit cold for it to reach top dollar for a going car and the description is lacking.

I watched that Blue S1 go and it reached ?650+ which is not that bad at all and leaves a little in hand to have a nice sub ?1000 summer car and if you know what your doing substantially less. - One of the Better Dutton Bargains I have seen of late as long as the running gear is sound and that can only be judged by viewing.

Quite a few cars turning up though - those over winter projects that pretty well turned into a garage full of parts than a completed car.

Cheers

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby memphisvtwin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:51 am

Mine turned into a skip full of parts... :(

More interested in building Cafe Racer bikes.

Chris.
memphisvtwin

Postby Andy S » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:53 am

Well even kit cars have a finite life and its a tough call as to whether or not not Duttons are an economical restoration proposition at the end of the day - They are a cheap donor now rather than desirable sport cars.

Still, I get a kick out of working on mine and each one teaches me new skills.

As for the Cafe racers - classic or modern as I have an XS650 Roadster in bits thats planned to get the Cafe treatment when I get some spare time :lol: :lol: there's a company in Scotland that does some amazing alloy tanks for cafe projects.

Cheers

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby jonno » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:35 am

:( ?1,000.00 Reserve not met on your old S4

Don't make sense to me :unsure:
Project Legerra
jonno
Advanced Member

Postby graham g » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:38 am

jonno wrote::(  ?1,000.00 Reserve not met on your old S4

Don't make sense to me  :unsure:

Seller ended item early, probably sold car out of ebay.

Graham
graham g

Postby Andy S » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:02 pm

The V6 got pulled as well

I cant recall when the S4 was due to end and if its been pulled early - Might have had an offer that met the reserve and decided to avoid the charges.

I see you found a use for the exhaust guard Graham :P

Cheers

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby Jaybe » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi Guys,

My name's John. I bought the S4, privately, not Ebay. I'm picking it up this weekend. I paid a bit over what I believe Graham sold it for and intend to hold on to it for quite some time.

This is my first kit car. Been a boyhood dream but I'm getting on a bit so had to do it now.

The internet is an amazing thing. I saw the car was on ebay and trawled the owners forums. Couldn't believe my luck when I came across it on graham's S4 for sale post. Linking backwards I was able to find out quite a lot about it and decide what I thought it was worth. Have looked at Andy s's build site and am really impressed. I'm taking it to France for the summer. Can't wait to get it down there for all of that open air motoring. Might have to watch the temp a bit though!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on how I get on with it.

Cheers John
Jaybe
Advanced Member

Postby graham g » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi John,
congratulations again on the purchase, You definitely made the right choice. Great little car, what mods you got in mind new alloys and seats if I still had it.
I'm also Scottish, where abouts you from.

[QUOTE]I see you found a use for the exhaust guard Graham[QUOTE] Was with Indy when I bought it,original shield and silencer from dutton I believe should be part of the sale to John.

Hope we can meet up at Le Mans in June, would be nice to see the car again John.

best regards Graham
graham g

Postby Jaybe » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Thanks Graham,

The seats are a definite but would also like to fit a fast road cam and probably a couple of webers but I need to wait til I see the car. I'm sure andy's porting is fine and will have adequate flow capacity. I'll also need to do something with the exhaust and would like to keep it side exit but again I'll have to have a good look first.

The alloys I will do at some stage but they're not a priority. I kind of like the retro look.

I'm really excited about it and can't wait to get behind the wheel on saturday.

I'll let you know how it goes.

John
Jaybe
Advanced Member

Postby Andy S » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:56 pm

Hello John,

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the kind words - I certainly got a great deal of pleasure building and using the car and its nice that its turned up with an owner who may keep in touch on these forums.

Its a good sound foundation to start kit car ownership with - for any advice or suggestions on the car just ask

Cheers

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby RIKBRIANT » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Andy S wrote:
there's a company in Scotland that does some amazing alloy tanks for cafe projects.

Andy , there is a bloke who lives on the hill behind me m8, he makes everything by hand.
The company is called TAB racing I think

<a href='http://www.tabaker.co.uk/TAB_W_SITE/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.tabaker.co.uk/TAB_W_SITE/index.html</a>

A cafe raced XS650 eh...?

RIK
S1 3.5 V8
Lotus Excel
Lotus Elite 503
Austin 7
Moto Guzzi California II

RIKBRIANT
Advanced Member

Return to Items Seen On EBAY