on ebay ....

Dutton & general related listings

Postby flibble » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi Andy, yes it does seem to be a decent example and I'm hoping it'll be good fun and fairly spirited to drive, (could use a fifth gear though I think).

My first point will be to get it through an MOT, hopefully that wont be too much of an issue :\

Second will be to work out exactly how it all works, I can strip my fireblades engine down to the cases in a day quite happily, managed to shoehorn a R6 motor into my old CR250 motocrosser quite succesfully last year too (No idea why, just felt it had to be done!), but I have to admit, car engines, diffs, gearboxes etc. especially old ones confuzzle me at the moment, gonna have to do some research!

Third will be Snetterton for a thrash before summer runs out :)
Thats as far as I've got at the moment....hehe

Oh, and Phil, I think the point of "under car neons" is generally so the general public can spot an Idiot from a greater distance than normal, lol - chavtastic..

Anyway, all in all so far, I have to say Duttons seem to get a bad press from the general kitcar population, but I can't as yet say why, I love mine already and I've only had it for 3 days, and didn't even know they existed 'till a month ago.. :)
flibble
Advanced Member

Postby Andy S » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:56 pm

flibble wrote:Anyway, all in all so far, I have to say Duttons seem to get a bad press from the general kitcar population, but I can't as yet say why, I love mine already and I've only had it for 3 days, and didn't even know they existed 'till a month ago.. :)

And when you have had a good look around at the DOC stand at any show you will see that some of that bad press is more than justified unfortunately, and the DOC does nothing to promote the better aspects of the Marque- there are some really great cars about but they are just not promoted.

For the mechanically minded and able owner the prospects for building a capable car are very good and they will run rings around many similar kits. The only real downside with ownership is the Dutton Stigma. Which is why I bought a Westfield for Daylight hours and only drive the Duttons at night :D :lol: :lol: and a mask on :ph43r:

But in all seriousness for cheap fun they cannot be equalled - especially with a V8 B) and with a bit of work can be made very capable.

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby Quasimodo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:14 pm

flibble wrote: Oh, and Phil, I think the point of "under car neons" is generally so the general public can spot an Idiot from a greater distance than normal, lol - chavtastic..

Does that mean you won't be doing the flames?

I'm gutted :D
Quasimodo

Postby Quasimodo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:10 pm

flibble wrote: I love mine already and I've only had it for 3 days

Glad you're enjoying it already. Have you given it a new name yet?
Quasimodo

Postby flibble » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Quasimodo wrote: Glad you're enjoying it already. Have you given it a new name yet?

Haha, not yet. I'll have to wait until I get a sense of her character first, most definatly a "she" though, oh yes.. I definitely have fond feelings for it, its doesn't do much at the moment apart from sit there looking pretty and it costs me more than I can really afford - and - if i'm honest, i'd probably rather have a much newer version... most definitely a "she" :)
flibble
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Items Seen On EBAY