on ebay ....

Dutton & general related listings

Postby grimidol » Wed May 07, 2008 8:28 pm

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dutton-B-Plus-1679-Vulcan-XFlow-135BHP_W0QQitemZ170216986319QQihZ007QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem' target='_blank'>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dutton-B-Plus-1679-V...1QQcmdZViewItem</a> hhmm well i dont know what to say but here u go .....
grimidol
Advanced Member

Postby Andy S » Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 pm

Phil who's car it is was one of the original moderators on this board and very active until a few years ago when he fell off the radar - He spent a small fortune on the engine of that car - Sean bought the old engine out of this car for his S2 rebuild

It's not quite a B+ anymore though as both the dash and the boot/rear end are S1 - Should be pretty darn quick though with that engine.

Cheers

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby Quasimodo » Fri May 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Andy et al,

Rather ironically, trying to sell the car has got me slightly more involved again but it's been tricky to keep up when I was forced to swich from a job where I could get away with almost 24/7 emailing and web posting.

Unfortunately, earning about half what I used to and not being able to backdate the vasectomy :o mean that I'm not going to have the time or in the forseeable future to be able to the Dutton the attention it needs.

I know the price looks a bit steep for a dutton but, as has been said, I did spend rather a lot on the engine (and the digi dash) so I'm hopeful that I can recoup some of the outlay.

I was at Stoneleigh, wandering round with an advert on my back and those that recognise me might have spotted me lurking in the corner of the club tent for the AGM trying not to volunteer for membership secretary. I'd love to be able to help the club but time (and the missus) wouldn't allow.

Even if I manage to sell the Dutton I'll stay a member of the club, it's worth it just for the magazines and hopefully, one day, I'll have another Dutton on the drive.

Cheers
Phil
Quasimodo

Postby Andy S » Sat May 10, 2008 9:13 am

Hi Phil,

Nice to hear from you again - The price is not at all expensive for a Dutton these days - you should see some of the cr4p that sells on e-bay for silly money. It's not a bad price for a car that needs little more than a cosmetic tidy up.

I gave up with the DOC some time back and have not been a member for some years as they are just not active enough and I am lucky enough to have two very active local car clubs in the WSCC and ShACC.

Good luck with the sale

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby grimidol » Sun May 11, 2008 8:54 am

tbh Duttons seem to be picking up on price i even saw another one on the road the other day :D
grimidol
Advanced Member

Postby Quasimodo » Mon May 12, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks for your kind words. No offers yet on the dutton but I have had a couple of questions. Just found that my other vehicle has attracted some bids and will therefore be sold on Saturday despite the recently added 'feature' of self washing carpets :-) (Look for a red Rover 600)

Cheers
Phil
Quasimodo

Postby jonno » Mon May 12, 2008 11:51 pm

Hi Phil, put it for sale on Pistonheads.com as well.... Its free ;)
Project Legerra
jonno
Advanced Member

Postby Quasimodo » Tue May 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks Jonno, I'll think about pistonheads but my brain has just linked my spare B+ rear end and ford axle with the towbar on the skoda (which looks very basic and square) and has come up with a cunning plan for family days out.

Completely beyond my skills but does anyone know of the back end of a Dutton chassis for sale cheap? :D
Quasimodo

Postby Andy S » Thu May 22, 2008 11:11 pm

Makes no real sense to me

?890 bit odd that seller ended early but whatever - reserve not reached - well another optimistic sellr of was is essential a right load of work

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUTTON-PHAETON-2-KIT-CAR-1640-TWIN-40S-NEEDS-FINISHING_W0QQitemZ270238943772QQihZ017QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem' target='_blank'>ebay S2</a>

But why then is Phils car still for sale? - for another ?800 you get a runner with a better engine, digi dash etc with A 5-link It will cost at least half that to get that car roadworthy and its still an inferior car.

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby jonno » Fri May 23, 2008 12:16 am

Don't really know why, ebay does daft things to people.

Maybe worth spending a weekend spraying the rear end and scuttle to colour match the bonnet ?, and maybe a bit of carpet ?.
Its got all the good bits, just think a tidy up would help it sell ;)

Would'nt cost a lot, i know its horrible to spend money and time on something your selling :(
Project Legerra
jonno
Advanced Member

Postby Andy S » Sat May 24, 2008 11:28 pm

<a href='http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180243973065&ssPageName=ADME:B:DBS:GB:1123' target='_blank'>B-Type</a>

Now I like B-Types - and this is a B type and not a B+ but over a grand for a non runner Triumph axle B-Type with an A series :o

The seller must be as surprised as he was only looking for a ?20 deposit :blink:

More e-bay madness....

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby Quasimodo » Sat May 31, 2008 8:13 pm

Well,
Mine's gone now at ?1650. Chap is coming to pick it up on Monday.

I did think about tarting up the paintwork and interior but the current paint scheme probably looks better than if I'd attacked it with a paint can.

Cheers
Phil
Quasimodo

Postby flibble » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:45 am

That chap'll be me :) Main reason I bought this one was because I found you on the Dutton forums, went post hunting and it looked like a genuinely well looked after example :D
To start with I was actually after more of a project, I enjoy restoration work, (usually on motorbikes so far though) so dont tart it up too much, I need something to tinker with!
See you on monday!
**Right.. where did I put those flame stickers and under car neons?....**
flibble
Advanced Member

Postby Quasimodo » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Some flames might be better than the white side panels, never understood the point of neons though. There's some Dutton stickers in the bag if you want them though :-)

Might also be able to hunt out some dellorto stickers. Every time I ordered something they sent some more stickers and I'd put in two orders for bits for the twin 40's and then another order for the 45. My Lawn mower has a Dellorto sticker on it :o
Quasimodo

Postby Andy S » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:17 am

You got a good basis for a pretty quick car there fibble and as its a kit car there will always be plenty of opportunity for work and upgrading and never more so than with Duttons. :D

Andrew

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Items Seen On EBAY