Tow bar for dutton phaeton s3

Tow bar for dutton phaeton s3

Postby weber45 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Has anyone fitted a towbar to their phaeton?
weber45

Re: Tow bar for dutton phaeton s3

Postby longboarder » Thu May 03, 2012 4:48 pm

sorry for the delay, only just spotted this thread , yes I had a towbar, in fact most of it is still there, trouble is now the MOT includes testing etc of tow bars, so I flushed mine off, but the steel is still there. snowy has a tow bar come spare wheel carrier, which is very good . Piccies are on here somewhere. I'll try and find my pictures and post.
longboarder
Advanced Member

Postby Andy S » Thu May 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Get a more understanding tester - I have not bothered reading up to see if its actually retrospective to older cars - However mine just breezed through with the electric to the ball and socket curled up in the spare wheel well.

Andrew

longboarder wrote:sorry for the delay, only just spotted this thread , yes I had a towbar, in fact most of it is still there, trouble is now the MOT includes testing etc of tow bars, so I flushed mine off, but the steel is still there. snowy has a tow bar come spare wheel carrier, which is very good . Piccies are on here somewhere. I'll try and find my pictures and post.

No more Duttons
North Shropshire
Andy S
Advanced Member

Postby longboarder » Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

I should have said "I jumped before I was pushed" with the MOT test. I tow a large trailer with my Espace for my business and that tow bar was tested thoroughly so I just couldn't be "aggroed" with explaining a home built tow bar.
longboarder
Advanced Member

Return to Phaeton S1, S2, S3, S4